Tyson Fury has confirmed that his all-British fight with Anthony Joshua will take place in Saudi Arabia on August 14.
The boxing champions will contest the four world heavyweight titles for the first time in the history of the sport.
In a video on Twitter, Fury, known as the ‘Gypsy King’, said: “I have massive news.
“I just phoned Prince Khalid of Saudi Arabia and he told me this fight was 100% on August 14, 2021.”
The 32-year-old WBC champion added: “All eyes in the world will be on the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
“Can’t wait, repeat, can’t wait to break Anthony Joshua on the greatest stage of all time.
“This will be the biggest sporting event ever on planet Earth. Don’t miss it. All eyes on us. See you in Arabia.”
Joshua, 31, holds the WBA, WBO and IBF belts.
Joshua, of Watford, last week called for the fight to be finalized as he made a pointed remark to Fury on social media.
He wrote: “” Spartan “. I’m tired. My fans are tired. Your fans are tired. We are all tired of the conversation. Less talk. More action! @Tyson_Fury.”
Fury, who was born in Manchester, replied: “Are you ready for a war? Work hard to give fans a big knockout!”
Plans for a fight between the two were started when Fury beat Deontay Wilder to win the WBC title in February 2020.
It was months after Joshua avenged his only career loss to Andy Ruiz Jr, a fight that also took place in Saudi Arabia, at Diriyah Arena.
Joshua remembered …
More information about this article Read More
This notice was published: 2021-05-16 18:29:00