Clean air zones: what you need to know Car News

The general rule is that to travel in a ZAC free of charge, your vehicle must be at least a petrol model that meets the Euro 4 emission standard – that is, registered after January 2006 – or, if it is ‘is a diesel, conforms to the Euro standard. 6 standards (registered after September 2015). If your vehicle meets these standards, you probably won’t have to pay any fees.

However, even if your vehicle is not Euro 4 or 6, you will still be able to avoid charges, depending on what type of vehicle it is and what type of CAZ you want to cross. There are four types of CAZ, each of which targets different classes of vehicles. These are:

(1) Class A – which targets buses, coaches, taxis and private rental vehicles (PHV).

(2) Class B – which targets buses, coaches, taxis, ORVs and heavy goods vehicles (PL),

(3) Class C – which targets buses, coaches, taxis, VTCs, heavy goods vehicles and light commercial vehicles (LCVs),

(4) Class D, the widest – targeting buses, coaches, taxis, VTCs, heavy goods vehicles, LCVs and cars.

Most of the CAZs that are expected to be introduced in the UK are Class D. But cities like Bath and Portsmouth will only be Class C, so in those cities regular passenger car drivers will not have to pay.

Finally, it is important to note that almost all CAZs grant special exemptions for residents of the area, holders of a blue badge and vehicles with a disabled tax class, although the scale of the exemption offered varies. depending on the city.


March 15, 2021 – Bath

More about this article: Read More
This notice was published: 2021-06-14 13:24:18

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *