The Woollens Sign is a well-known city landmark located on Love Street, near Sheffield Crown Court.
Woolen & Co Sheffield was founded in 1883 by author Edwin Woolen and Frederick Ibbotson, a lithographic printer.
In 1897, the company moved to Love Street.
Woolen and Company Ltd was purchased by the Sheffield Co-operative Society in 2005, but three years later, after 125 years in business, the company closed.
Several former employees have formed a new Woollens while retaining some of the original clientele.
More about this article: Read More
This notice was published: 2021-06-20 10:20:54