Dushane Meikle, from Amberley Drive, Hangleton, reportedly killed Billy on January 2 last year.
The 24-year-old body was discovered in a disused building on North Street in Brighton after officers attended the scene following a report of concern for a person.
Meikle appeared in Brighton Magistrates’ Court today after being indicted by detectives following an investigation by the Special Enforcement Unit.
Dressed in a black t-shirt, he stood with folded arms and a straight face as the murder charge was read.
He spoke to confirm his name and address, but couldn’t remember the house’s zip code.
When asked if he understood the charges against him, he nodded and answered “yes”.
Meikle has been remanded in custody and is due to appear in Lewes Crown Court tomorrow at 10 a.m.
Following his indictment last night, Detective Superintendent Alex Geldart, who is leading the investigation, said: “Our hearts are with Billy’s family and friends at this time.”
Three other men were also charged with the murder of Billy and were remanded in custody in May.
They are Alize Spence, 18, of Makepeace Road, Ealing, Lamech Gordon-Carew, 20, of Cheeseman Close, Hampton and Gregory Hawley, 28, homeless.
The men appeared at Lewes Crown Court for a preliminary hearing before Her Worship Judge Christine Laing QC in May.
Members of Mr. Henham’s family were also present in court.
At the time, Judge Laing QC said the tentative trial date was November 22 of this year. It should last four weeks.
The three accused men will return to court on July 19, where the judge told them they should formally enter their pleas against the prosecution.
More about this article: Read More
This notice was published: 2021-06-23 10:26:26