Bath City

Arsonists devastate men’s shed in Clevedon as users ‘lost to sight’ Bath City News

An outdoor area of ​​a club created by elderly men to overcome loneliness and social isolation has been destroyed by fire. Footage from the Clevedon Fire Service shows the devastation caused by the fire in the men’s shed at Princes Hall.

Firefighters were called to Princes Hall just after midnight yesterday (April 20). Images uploaded to Twitter by Clevedon Fire Station show charred remains after flames tore through the building.

Years of hard work went up in smoke in the fire that destroyed the patio, seating and pergola. But the fire also destroyed an outdoor workstation and a lumber store used by club members, Bristol Live reports.

READ MORE: Police issue statement after man attacked by gang including ‘firefighter’ outside his home

‘Words cannot describe how we are feeling right now,’ one of the men wrote as the Clevedon Community Center and Princes Hall released footage of the fire the following morning. It included the caption “We were really saddened to see this”.

He asks supporters in town to donate on a Go Fund me page for Men’s Shed. David Young, secretary and trustee of Clevedon Men’s Shed, a community charity, posted an update on the page.

He wrote: “Vandals set fire to our charity’s outdoor terrace and lounge area where our members gather for coffee breaks after our work making wooden items for sale and working on awareness projects community.

“It took us three years of hard work, by mostly elderly retired men, to transform a piece of land from a tip into the perfect place to meet and socialize in order to overcome loneliness and stress. social isolation.

“We are asking for donations to help us repair the damage and rebuild our patio, hanging pergola, outdoor workstation and lumber store. We will do the work ourselves.”

Clevedon Fire and Rescue tweeted footage of the blaze with the caption: “Both firefighters mobilized to Princes Hall in Clevedon for a fire involving a terrace and a wood store used as a BBQ area. Fire extinguished with help of 2 reels and 1 jet of 45 mm.”

Read more related articles Read more related articles

More about this article: Read More
This notice was published: 2022-04-22 09:09:39

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *