Public invited to Arthur Holscher-Emerert’s funeral in Brighton Brighton News

THE public are invited to attend the funeral of a man who was killed when he was hit by a police car.

Arthur Holscher-Ermert died after being hit by the unmarked black BMW on Saturday April 30 on the A259 near Bramber Avenue in Peacehaven.

The 27-year-old took part in a brief chase in an Audi before exiting and crossing the road, where he was hit by the BMW. He had not been involved in the prosecution.

Older brother Karl Holscher-Ermert, 30, confirmed Arthur’s body was returned to the family on Tuesday May 31 after the autopsy.

The Argus: Karl at his brother's first vigil in early May Karl at his brother’s first wake in early May

They have now held a funeral at Downs Crematorium in Bear Road, Brighton, on June 18. The funeral takes place at 11 a.m.

Karl Holscher-Ermert told The Argus: “We don’t have him whole, they kept some of his vital organs such as his brain for testing. Parts of him are still missing.

“The situation was difficult, we had to wait another two months for the repatriation of all his organs but we did not want to wait another two months. It would be a bit ridiculous.

“So we are now continuing with the funeral, we want it to go ahead and the repatriation can take place later.”

The Argus: Arthur, left, and Karl, right, with friends on their way to the Euro final last summerArthur, left, and Karl, right, with friends on their way to the Euro finals last summer

The crematorium has a capacity of around 80 people, but the family sets up an area with speakers and screens outside and invites anyone who wishes to go there and pay their respects to Arthur.

Karl said all are equally welcome at the wake, which will include live music from Arthur’s college friends, who studied music with him. A location will be announced shortly.

Karl added: “We want people to come and watch and still be able to see the service. There are people who write poems and eulogies.

The Argus: Tributes to Arthur on Bramber AvenueTributes to Arthur at Bramber Avenue

“We didn’t talk about it enough, he was unarmed, he didn’t represent a danger to anyone. He didn’t need to be punched and killed in the first place. Whatever happened after that, we don’t know, do we? »

The family held vigils at the site of Arthur’s death. They also demonstrated twice outside Sussex Police headquarters in Church Lane, Lewes, calling for “justice for Arthur”. Sussex Police have met the family.

Fundraising for Arthur’s funeral has so far raised over £9,500.

More about this article: Read More
This notice was published: 2022-06-08 12:10:00

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *