Play with the flavors. Substitute a mixture of spices or cinnamon for the vanilla and serve with the seasonal fruit. Plums, nectarines, apples, pears or chopped cherries would all be delicious.
This mixture can be whipped the night before and left in the fridge overnight, ready to make quick pancakes in the morning.
Preparation time: 5 minutes | Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 large banana
- 3 medium eggs
- 75g ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- A spoonful of coconut yogurt or plain yogurt
- Handful of berries
- Combine banana, eggs, almonds and vanilla in a high speed blender until smooth.
- Preheat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Fry small pancakes (about 2 tablespoons of batter per pancake), turning them over when bubbles appear around the edges. Once the other side is cooked, remove from heat to a serving plate.
- Serve with coconut yogurt or plain yogurt and a handful of berries or fruits of your choice.
Recipe from Amelia Freer’s Simply Good For You (Michael Joseph, £ 22). Order your copy at books.telegraph.co.uk
READ MORE: The best vegan pancake recipes
More about this article: Read More
This notice was published: 2021-02-16 19:19:50