UK News

Man charged over suspected serious attack in Darlington that left two in hospital UK News

A man has been named after being charged with two counts of GBH with intent after a suspected serious attack in County Durham.

The alleged incident left two people in hospital and sparked an emergency response on Killingham Street in Darlington following reports of disruption in the early hours of Saturday morning. And on Sunday there was still a police presence on the street, reports Teesside Live.

Durham Constabulary and paramedics along with specialist medics from the North East Ambulance Service attended the scene and two people were taken to hospital. Callum Mark Webster, 21, was arrested following the incident and has since been charged with two counts of GBH with intent.

Read more: 24-year-old is fighting for his life after fracturing his skull in an assault in Newcastle city center

An earlier statement from Durham Constabulary said: “Police were called to reports of disturbance in Killinghall Street, Darlington in the early hours of Saturday (May 14).

“Two men were taken to hospital for treatment for serious injuries. One man has since been released and the second is in stable condition. Officers believe this is an isolated incident and that ‘there is no risk to the general public.

The Killinghall Street Stage, Darlington
The Killinghall Street Stage, Darlington

A North East Ambulance Service spokesman said: “We received a 999 call just after 2am on Saturday to report a police incident to a private address on Killinghall Street in Darlington.

“We dispatched a clinical team leader, specialist paramedic, two emergency ambulance crews and requested assistance from the Great North Air Ambulance doctor and transported two patients to hospital.”

Webster, of Lime Avenue, Darlington, has been taken into custody and is due to appear at Newton Aycliffe Magistrates Court on Monday morning.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *