Despite previously turning down requests, the GB News presenter could prove to be an even more controversial ‘celebrity’ than former health minister turned reality TV star Matt Hancock.
On his GB News show on Monday Farage said he was considering it this time around as he feels he might be able to “connect” with a younger audience.
He said: “Several times since 2016 I’ve had I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! from ITV saying to me ‘Come into the jungle’.
— Nigel Farage (@Nigel_Farage) October 30, 2023
“And they’ve always offered me really quite substantial sums of money to do so, and I have always thought ‘No, it’s probably not the right thing for me to do’.
The politician-turned-TV presenter said the show has approached him again this year but that “unlike previous years” he is “giving it very, very serious consideration”.
A spokesman for the show told PA: “Any names suggested for I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! are just speculation. We’ll announce our line-up in due course.”
Farage continued: “Well, you’ve got about 10 million young people who watch that programme.
“These are people who don’t really watch the news or read newspapers, but they still care about the country they live in and their futures.
“I might be able to connect with that audience”
“And actually, in many ways, the futures of young people in Britain had been blighted.
“They haven’t got the same opportunities that their parents and grandparents had and they’d love to look for solutions.
“So in my mind, if I was to do it, I might be able to connect with that audience because goodness me they all watch I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!”
He added that he feels there are “downsides” to him doing the show but said he would give an “absolute definitive answer within the next 48 hours”.
More about this article: Read More
This notice was published: 2023-10-30 21:30:18
Times Series, The News from the London borough of Barnet, and Borehamwood & Elstree.