Lewes: Flats evacuated in kitchen fire – Road closed Brighton News

Smoke tore through Caburn Court in Station Street, Lewes this afternoon as firefighters battled to get the flames under control.

Specialist paramedics were spotted at the scene to check the welfare of the residents inside. 

The Argus: Ambulances at the sceneAmbulances at the scene (Image: Send us your news)

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said the fire started in the kitchen of a flat. A spokesman said: “Smoke affected several floors of the building and firefighters used breathing apparatus during the incident.

“Welfare checks are being carried out on all those who live within the block.”

The road remains closed while firefighters damp down the building. All residents in the block have been evacuated and accounted for.

More about this article: Read More
This notice was published: 2024-01-12 15:55:00

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *