Sainsbury’s has announced that starting today, customers will be able to purchase 60 items at a lower price, which is an offer to rival budget supermarkets like Aldi.
The supermarket giant has announced it will invest £ 50million in the price of its products, which will make dozens of popular items cheaper for shoppers.
The price reductions on 60 fresh produce, meats and basic dairy products will take effect from today (Tuesday July 6).
Reduced price “for the foreseeable”
The retailer said these new reduced prices would stay in place “in the foreseeable future” and that customers can expect savings of up to 25% on many items.
The price reduction will be applied to 60 popular items, including fresh produce, meat and dairy. Initially, around 43 items will be reduced on July 6, and more will be reduced throughout the month thereafter.
The £ 50million prize money investment is Sainsbury’s latest move to deliver better value to customers, following the launch of its Sainsbury’s Quality commitment, Aldi Price Match.
‘Offer high quality’
Rhian Bartlett, Sainsbury’s Food Business Director, said: “Now more than ever, we know we need to do more to provide customers with the quality that customers expect from Sainsbury’s, at unbeatable prices.
“Our mission is to help everyone eat better and these price cuts are the last step in showing how much we care about delivering that promise to customers.
“Including everyday items and essential recipes, we hope this will help shoppers save on their groceries and enjoy the month ahead.”
Items being reduced
According to Sainsbury’s, these are examples of savings customers can realize through July:
- Sainsbury’s Smoked Thick Cut Bacon Rashers x6 300g, priced at £ 2.05, now £ 1.50
- Sainsbury’s Brussels & Garlic Pate 170g, was £ 1.40, now £ 1
- Sainsbury’s Rhubarb 400g, was £ 1.50, now 95p
- Sainsbury’s bulk red cabbage, was 80p, now 45p
- Sainsbury’s bulk white cabbage, was 80p, now 45p
- Sainsbury’s 1.25k sweet potato was £ 1.50, now £ 1.11
- Sainsbury’s Baked Potatoes 2.5kg, was £ 2, now £ 1.19
- Sainsbury’s Red & White Seedless Grapes 500g, priced at £ 2, now £ 1.59
- Sainsbury’s strawberries 400g, priced at £ 1.75, now £ 1.59
- Sainsbury’s packaged fresh mint 30g, was 75p, now 47p
These are just a few of the products that will see a price reduction, with more actually included.
More about this article: Read More
This notice was published: 2021-07-06 15:34:35