George Street closed in Hove after a fire broke out in a flat Brighton News

A HIGH street was closed after a fire in an apartment above a restaurant.

The incident happened around 3pm this afternoon in George Street, Hove, towards Blatchington Road.

It happened above a restaurant in an apartment, but it is not known if there are any injuries at the scene.

A video shows smoke billowing from a window on the first floor of the building.

Police, fire and ambulance services are all at the scene and the road remains closed.

The East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service (ESFRS) confirmed that a fire engine was present.

A spokeswoman said: “We were called at 3.05pm to attend a fire at commercial property above George Street in Hove.

“We used two breathing apparatuses and a hose reel to put out the fire.

“An investigation into the fire is due today or tomorrow.”

Sussex Police have been approached for comment.

More about this article: Read More
This notice was published: 2022-06-18 15:43:32

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *